| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Invercargill in May is a little cool at 7.7 °C (45.86 °F).
- Afternoons can be quite mild with average high temperatures reaching 12 °C (53.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cool with an average low of 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- In May the mean daily temperature range/ variation is 10 °C (18 °F).
- The weather in May is hardly dry with rain, sleet or snow at intervals. Circa 110.5mm (4.4in) of water accrues during an average of 18 days.
- In May the heavens above Invercargill are dull with on balance a trifling 3:00 of magnificent solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 8:52 long and the longest day is 10:02 long with an average length of 9:24.
- There are approximately 6:12 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 32.6% of daylight hours and cloudy 67.4% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Invercargill May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Invercargill, New Zealand
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Invercargill:
- Kaweku, New Zealand - 57.9 kms (36 miles) NNE
- Mandeville, New Zealand - 59.7 kms (37.1 miles) NE
- Lora, New Zealand - 47.3 kms (29.4 miles) NNE
- Reaby Downs, New Zealand - 55.8 kms (34.7 miles) NE
- Waimumu, Glendhu, New Zealand - 46.6 kms (29 miles) NE
- Hokonui Forest, New Zealand - 28.8 kms (17.9 miles) NE
- Hedgehope, New Zealand - 26.4 kms (16.4 miles) NE
- Edendale, New Zealand - 36 kms (22.4 miles) ENE
- Awarua, New Zealand - 10.6 kms (6.6 miles) SSE
- Quarry Hills, New Zealand - 58.2 kms (36.1 miles) ESE
- Dog Island, New Zealand - 27.6 kms (17.2 miles) SSE